The Little Menu That Could
This week, we've upgraded the way that users consume catalogs in Hero. In brief, you can select exactly which course(s) you'd like to investigate, then pull the trigger. Hero will display exactly what adoptions you want to see, removing the need for you to look through one course at a time.
Sound simple? It is! This page will give you a tour, introduce a few tips and tricks, and wrap up with why your students will love the new course build if you're one of our non-SSO clients.
If you're a Hero Admin, this is how you'll be consuming Hero catalogs going forward.
- Click the Courses button in the upper right of your screen to get started.
- You'll see the My Courses page; select a term and click View Catalog.
- Welcome to the Course Catalog page! You'll now see something like this:
- From here, life gets fun. Use the drop down menus to select the school, term, department, course, and section(s) you'd like to investigate. Note that you can select more than one section at a time.
- Click the Add button.
- Note that you've got a course all locked and loaded...but you can add another (as many as you like!) if you want to. This should save you bushels of time. In this shot, I have 3 sections to see.
- Click View Course Materials to pull the trigger! Hero will pull, in order, all adoptions associated with the section(s) you've selected.
If you're a wily person, you might have already caught this: you can, at the same time, see adoptions for sections in different courses, departments, terms, or even schools. That means that if you'd like to compare English 101 for your main and satellite campuses, or if you need to see what BIO 305 adopted this year versus last year, you can do it. Just load and compare.
Good News for Students
If you've fully implemented Hero at your SSO-ready institution, then Hero loads students' courses for them. This is one of the many ways that Hero takes the hassle out of textbook shopping: students can see their entire course list, easily determine books that are required or otherwise, and price compare across a variety of affiliates. All that's left is for them to crack their knuckles and start sourcing.
If your store doesn't have Single Sign On enabled (or is implementing Hero in stages), then this menu tweak should have you clicking your heels in the hallway. Your students certainly will be. With this improvement, students are able to load their entire course list at once and access all that hassle-free price comparison within seconds.
Your students use this menu exactly as you Hero Admins do: with simple, agile drop downs capable of loading and displaying a student's entire list of registered courses in one screen.
From there, it's simple for your customers to transact their way to the best price on the excellent content that your faculty have made available to them.
If you haven't yet, take a spin through the new Course Catalog menu! It's fun on a Monday night. If you have questions, reach out to your Customer Success Manager or grab our Store Support team at email@example.com.