Sidewalk Pro 3.22 Release Notes
- Improvement: RRA pick lists were printing with Sidewalk's internal invoice number, which nobody cares about. What you care about is the vendor's invoice number. That's printing on the pick list now.
Point of Sale:
- Improvement: We added another layer of encryption to all Pro users' names and passwords.
- Buyback receipts for a few clients were showing non-sensical line-item data, followed by a correct total at the bottom. We cleaned up the calculations that were leading to the confusion upper receipt portions.
- We've updated our Shipping Options (in the Admin menu) in two ways:
- If you haven't updated them yet, we used to put a huge number in as a placeholder dollar amount that would award your online customers free shipping. We got a little carried away--the placeholder number was so big that it caused errors.
- We fixed a bug that was blocking some users from saving new shipping pricing and options. If you want to update shipping for Rush, go get 'em!
- Improvement: The A/R Balance Report now shows every account that has an outstanding balance--even if that account has been marked "inactive."
- Improvement: We recently added the ability for you to add a "pickup location" to online orders, so that you can organize orders among your multiple campuses or partner locations. If a pickup location has been selected, then the Ship Method column of the Fulfilled Marketplace Orders Report will show the pickup location.
- If you have multiple locations, the Surplus Transfer Report allows you to accurately transfer inventory to the partner locations that need it most, so you don't over-source. It's a tricky report with a battery of settings behind it, and for a couple weeks it also suggested sending all books back to your distribution center.
- Just like buyback receipts, the In-Store Register Detail Report was calculating buyback transactions non-sensically. The fix was related to some Early Withdrawal Rate settings in Options > General.
Text and Trade Books:
- We fixed a bug that was causing Amazon orders to oversell for a few of our Southern clients.
- We have a few clients who make use of our Banner integration, and that integration happened to reset the term start and end dates in Pro daily for a while. We're ignoring it when Banner tries to do that from now on: you get ultimate control over your own term start and end dates.