Sidewalk Pro 3.21 Release Notes
- If an invoice did have an Invoice Number (or an Internal Document Number) but didn't have any lines attached, it used to cause you trouble: the invoice would save, but invoices need to have lines attached to them to show up in search results. We fixed it so that Studio will only predict an Invoice Number for you if that Invoice would also show up in search results.
- We're making a lot of UI tweaks to the Returns Module this release. Here they are:
- We've reworded some of Studio's instructions in the Supplier Returns page, to make them sound like we know how talk good all time.
- We've changed a field in the Supplier Return page. It used to be "Purchase Price"; now it's "Cost." The Cost field will show both New and Used cost, separated by a slash and some fancy bold text.
- We've removed the Discount Price field from the RRA page (just like it's removed from Returns and Credit Memo pages). The RRA will show the total price (including any discounts) that you completed in the applicable invoice.
- Improvement: We added a new search field to Credit Memo searches! You're now able to search by RRA Number, which is way more fun than I just made it sound.
Text and Trade Books:
- A store brought to our attention that clicking a search result in Sourcing would return an error if the term didn't have a Selling End Date attached to it. First we thought that the store should just add a Selling End Date to the term, but then we thought: why should that matter? Since you could be looking at textbook sourcing before you know your Selling End Date, we've adjusted the code to stop caring about that field in Sourcing.
- Improvement: Have you been using our new Buyback Sorting feature? You can now use the Textbook Buyback Report (detail) to sort books to the appropriate wholesaler for any buys you've completed since you've enabled that setting!
- New Report: We've just released our Revenue and Expense Report. It comprises Revenues and Expenses (surprise!). The cool part is that it's also a comparative report. Set a time period you you'd like to analyze--say, a month--and Pro will provide data for the prior time period of the same length.