Sidewalk Pro Version 3.19 Release Notes:
- We noticed that some of our checkboxes in Invoicing didn’t line up with some other checkboxes in another section, and for some reason that just really bugged us. They line up now. It’s ok. We can sleep at night.
- If you searched for an Invoice, completed it, then searched for it again, the status wasn’t updating correctly. Now it is. Great, right?
- Have you ever created an FRC with a nice Reporting Code, and you get an error that starts “Aw, Man…”? Turns out that annoys people. If Studio can’t create an FRC because the Reporting Code is already in use, Studio will now tell you.
- Our friends to the north discovered this one: If you created a Purchase Order in Studio with a Supplier and an Expected Receive Date but without any products in it, then you could see it in Merchant, but you couldn’t see it in Studio, and you could never open it again. Frustrating. We fixed it.
- Do you love Negative Inventory? Do you love reading that zazzy little Help dialogue? Great! We updated it and added a few details to help explain things a little better.
- We fixed an issue where Inbound Transfers between partner locations were showing up in Studio Sourcing twice—as Inbound Transfers and as inventory on hand.
- Partner locations can refund transactions again! Isn’t that grand?
- We fixed an issue where using a gift card to pay down an Accounts Receivable account didn’t actually take any funds off the gift card.
- New Feature: We added a note field to our carts. We did it on purpose. Here’s why: If you’re an institution, or you work with an institution, you may have highly specific purchasing codes to use. For example, the code for a Chemistry Department Alumni Banquet 2015 Technology Purchase Staff Charge might be 235095:185325:123:53466:01:3. The code for a Food and Beverage Purchase for that same banquet might be completely different. Your life is complicated. Your POS doesn’t have to be.
- First, let Sidewalk Store Support know that you’d like to enable the Note Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.699.4558 (x2). We can name it anything: “Notes,” “Account #,” or “Go Seahawks.”
- Second, use that note field!
- Third, when you Transaction Search for that transaction, you’ll see the note field display right there on the expanded search results for Retail, Quote, Quote Fulfill and Refund carts.
Text and Trade Books:
- Improvement: Sidewalk Pro will now assume that newly adopted books are in New status—even if you don’t have the time to accept a Title Status.
- A couple of our clients are going to love this one: we fixed a big ugly nasty hirsute bug that was causing books listed to Amazon to show up without prices.
- Sidewalk Studio has a great little feature in Research where you can see the Amazon Qualified Low price for any textbook, right there at the click of a button. (No reason to keep that Amazon tab open in your web browser anymore, unless you’re buying us a Christmas present.) We’ve upped the error messages in this feature, so that if Amazon can’t give you a price or if your Amazon integration isn’t configured properly, Sidewalk Studio will tell you nicely.
- Books without inventory will still display prices on your website—even if they’re not for sale. If you’re a fan of HEOA compliance, then this is crazy fun. (We’re totally a fan of HEOA compliance, if you were wondering.)